Monday, January 15, 2007

The Results Are In

My Mellen Center She-Neuro called this morning to let me know that nothing new showed up on my MRI. That is good news! However, she talked a little about "prime real estate" and how my spinal lesion is occupying it. This isn't great news. She said she saw no real point in a lumbar puncture right now, because based on the information she has gathered, treatment would be the same no matter what the lumbar puncture showed. That is good news. She wants to get me started on Avonex. That is good news and bad news. It has quite a few side effects and is a weekly intramuscular injection. I can't start the Avonex until I get the go ahead from my hematologist, other She-neuro and family doctor. She wants to be sure they are all on the same page and that they don't think the elevated white blood count will cause any problems with the medicine. However, once it is in my system it will hopefully stop any new lesions from developing.

I am feeling better. I still get facial numbness when I sit upright, but right now it is at least bearable. That is good news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey friend, I was glad to read all the good news'inserted after your sentences. I've been thinking of you...every day!

Carolyn (Cari) Foster Spano said...

Thank you so much Carolyn. I hope your knee is well on its way to being completely healed. I pray your daughter arrived back home safely as did mine. I think of you often.
Cari