Friday, January 05, 2007

A Little Better and A Little Better

Just so you won't think I jumped off a bridge or something when you read my post titled "Today" , I want you to know that true to my word, I took that day to be mad and sad and then got myself up yesterday and tried to move on. I did feel a little bit better yesterday, though still not really able to take on much.

Today, I felt a little bit better than yesterday, and hopefully I will feel a little bit better tomorrow. Once one of these lesions has started screaming, it is really hard to get it to shut up. It just takes time, precious time. My daughter will be coming home from her trip to London and Paris soon and it seems I have been in a bad way ever since she left. Hopefully, by the time she gets back home, this episode will almost be completely behind me and she will never have to know about it.

My son went back to college tonight, after a long holiday break. I wanted to spend some time with him today, doing what moms do...restocking his pantry for the next semester away from home. I managed fairly well, maybe with a little less lift in my step than usual, but still I managed. We had a good day. I even cooked a homemade meal for him before he left, with leftovers to take back to school for tomorrow. The house will be entirely too quiet now, without his X-Box 360 bumping and banging and without the sound of him playing his guitar.


Sigh.....

No comments: