Wednesday, November 29, 2006

IV Solumedrol: Day Two

Another good day. I feel very fortunate. I had another wonderful nurse and we were able to speed the drip up a bit today. I slept for three hours after the nurse left which is so not the effect I would have predicted that steroids would have on me. I thought for sure I would be crazy-bouncing off the walls like a howler monkey but instead, they are just knocking me on my butt. Go figure!

My body must have become somewhat accustomed to the steroids. I finished in a little under 2 1/2 hours with no terrible head weirdness today. I am unsure of what physical help it may have given me so far since I have come pretty far without the steroids. I was still a little off balance today. I was hoping for that to go away, and the Lhermitte's Sign (the weird feeling down my right side when I lean my head forward still seems to be there, although maybe not as severe. I can still see a little better, which is worth getting the steroids even if none of the other problems get any help from them. I still have the bad taste in my mouth and still have a headache , although neither is as severe as yesterday.

The IV from yesterday had blocked itself off so they had to start one in a new spot today, so rather than have that thing in my arm again tonight I just told her to take it out and start a new one again tomorrow. Needles don't really bother me, so I'd rather not have to deal with it and be able to sleep without feeling like my arm is bound tonight. That was my biggest challenge trying to sleep last night, having a tube sock on my arm. Welcome to claustrophobia land.

One more day to go.

No comments: