Tuesday, November 28, 2006

IV Solumedrol: Day One

So far so good...It took about three hours for my IV drip instead of the one hour that it is supposed to take. Each time she would speed up the drip my head would start to feel really funny and sort of like the top wanted to blow off. I've had a tiny bit of racing heart and tightness in my chest but barely enough to mention. I do have a headache, but even it isn't unbearable. Ibuprofen didn't really seem to help it at all. The weird taste in my mouth was easily masked with Ice Breakers gum. I chewed it the entire time I was being given the drip and I only had to get a new piece once and that was because I thought I would switch it up and have a mint. The mint didn't work as well as the gum. That Ice Breakers has some long lasting flavor!!! Water is unbearable. The taste of it is so warped by the Solumedrol that it is nearly impossible to drink, but I am trying.

I tend to be "opposite girl" when it comes to medications and so instead of hyping me up, I was asleep within an hour of the time the nurse left. I guess I won't be refinishing my floors, painting my walls and decorating the house for Christmas during these three days.

The nurse from Option Care was wonderful. I am very pleased with them so far.

Time to go back to the couch. My head still feels a little "woo woo".
Wish for me that tomorrow's treatment goes as well as today.

No comments: