Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Number Two

On Monday night I gave myself my 2nd shot of Avonex. Throughout the day I made an effort not to think about it so that I didn't get myself stressed out.. At 7:00 I took my Extra Strength Tylenol (We are supposed to take it a couple of hours before the shot). At 9:00 I headed upstairs, placed the shot and the "extras" (gauze pad, alcohol wipe etc) on a towel, popped on the needle and just DID it! No hesitation, no thinking about it, I just did it. It again, wasn't actually so bad. I did squint my eyes a bit, like I do when I see road kill on the highway, just to keep from seeing the actual needle puncture my skin. Hey, whatever works! It was all over in a matter of minutes.
I again had no significant reaction to the drug. I had a mild headache throughout most of the following day, but again, nothing too bad. I am feeling very fortunate since so many people have such a hard time with the medicine.

No comments: