Thursday, May 10, 2007

Say it Ain't So...

Just when you think you have things figured out, something weird happens. So as you all know, I went to the blood sucker's office yesterday fully expecting "yada yada yada, high white blood count yada yada, don't know why, yada, more tests yada."

Go figure. My white blood count was not only better, it was normal. Will anyone EVER figure me out? I have been on Avonex for 4 weeks now. In all reality, if anything the Avonex should have raised my white blood count. I'm tired of trying to figure me out and I'm ME!!!!!

(We still made an appointment for three weeks and I STILL had to pay him $50.00. Some things never change.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cari,

Just wanted to let you know I am still thinking about you and hoping the very best for you.

I've been reading your blog every 2 weeks for a long time now. It worries me that you have not posted anything in the last 3 weeks.

I do hope you are doing ok.

Be well,
Bill Molony
BMolony@Houston.RR.com

Carolyn (Cari) Foster Spano said...

Bill, Thank you so much for thinking of me. I am doing just fine. I have had a tough couple of weeks, but nothing I can't handle.(My MS weird-head and some facial numbness) I have actually just been very busy and there hasn't been any real news to report. I have had either 6 or 7 shots of Avonex so far and I am still feeling lucky. I had one night when I had a couple of chills in the night after the shot and one day after the shot when I was sort of washed out, but truly nothing compared to the way it effects most people who take it.

In the last few weeks we have sent one child off to New York City to work for the summer and helped the other one move from school sponsored housing, to a rental house in downtown Pittsburgh with a group of his friends from school.

I have also been busy photographing and editing firemen and babies.
I hope things are going as well for you! Thanks again for thinking of me.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I was truly worried. I am glad you are ok and look forward to reading more of your blog in the future.
Be well,
Bill